Saturday, October 9, 2010

10-10-10!!! Also it's my wedding anniversary

Dear Jes caketoppers
My husband, who I lovingly refer to as my hunky piece of man-meat, and I were married two years ago. Between the two of us this was 4th time we were experiencing a marriage ceremony so we decided to scrap the well-planned, gorgeous, detail oriented affair that I would have dreamed of doing (again...ahem) and sign ourselves up for a courthouse affair.Cost: $80!

Our guests, which numbered around 40, were invited via Facebook and arrived at the courthouse at 8:00am sharp in order to be processed through federal security (most weddings don't have security guards, so clearly we high rollers here). Due to the large number of attendees our lovely judge allowed us to get married in the courtroom rather than his cramped chambers.

Alas, the amount of wedding guests streaming into the courtroom inspired a variety pack of "interesting" witnesses who were seeking judgments, court-appointed attorneys and restraining orders to follow our group. Thus we were married in front of family, friends and felons on October 10th, 2008.

So, despite the fact that "wedding season" is over I dedicate this post to sweet finds for all those courthouse brides and grooms. Love you man-meat!  

Ellen Vintage silk clutch
Your Fairy Tale Wedding dress
Pixel and Hank boutonnieres
The Jewelry Chateau bracelet



My Pretty Little Things feather headpiece


Mary and Angelika silk bolero
Jewel Box Ballerina flower tutorials

Button Empire pinback buttons for marrieds


1 comment: