Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nesting...


My husband and I were at Ikea the other day, shopping for...why were we there again? Sometimes we just go there to rekindle our matrimonial romance over Swedish meatballs and Lingonberry sauce.

Anyways, I saw these adorable Matryoshka nesting dolls sitting in the decor department. I don't know where they would go in our tiny (read: 900 square feet) house, but aren't they cute?

Out of curiosity I Googled them and found this tidbit from good ole' Wikipedia. Apparently these cuties have affected design principles for the last century. Good job girls!

I don't know what it is, but I adore these dolls. They're cute factor is way high. At this point, I'm attempting to not add to my collection of nicknacks or baubles, but...

Check out these tributes to the Matryoshka!



4 comments:

  1. here's another cute matroyshka: http://reprodepot.stores.yahoo.net/mtccgr.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. and another: http://www.presentandcorrect.com/item.php?item_id=183&page=1&category_id=4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Little Mama! We met at the totally happenin' party Saturday, midday. Ironically, I attended a baby shower later that day for a gal whose husband proposed to her via the matryoshka dolls -- also a favorite of hers, the next-to-smallest one had a ring in it.

    ReplyDelete