Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Geekery for Geeks

I live with three hardcore geeks. Hours can pass and all I hear are snippets of conversations about circuits, the space-time continuum, portals to the 17th dimension or someplace, robot science, prehistoric mammals, the freakin' Silmarillion, the SERVER.....blah,blah,blah.

If I were really listening I might learn something about such things, but instead I usually just start sewing or knitting or contemplating tea parties with my yet-to-be-conceived girl children.


So as this is the gift-giving time of year I thought I would compile a Geekery Gift Guide.


For the developing nerd mind, Electric Boogaloo's Nerdy Baby ABC Flashcards. Note: B is for Binary Code, another topic of discussion in my house. Snore...




For the geeky lovebugs Builder's Studio has created a sweet nerdy buggy wooden cake topper. If you have an entomologist bride or groom-to-be in your life this may be the perfect pre-wedding gift.






For the retro geek who has an interest in home decor how about these Pacman coasters? Just Beaded makes crafty things out of perler beads, and guess what? The shop is owned by a 10-year! Snaps!





For the Japanese culture-obsessed geek (and there seems to be no short supply of those) River Kat makes a series of sushi USB Flash Drives (2GB). Now your geek can transfer his or her REALLY IMPORTANT information in sushi style.


Finally, do you have a geeky lady in your life? I'm sure you do, but it's not me, that's for sure. So if you're in the market here is a fabulous fabric-button robot bracelet from Fluffington.

No comments:

Post a Comment