Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lookin' good in the winter. Is it possible?

Listen, I adore Stacy London and Clinton Kelly from TLC's What Not to Wear. I watch rerun marathons of their show. Their fashion-based snarkiness is just what mamas likes here. However, the fashionable duo would undoubtedly scoff at lowly peeps, like myself, who are oblivious and are still wearing last year's Gap sale sweaters ($23.99 and still going strong-ish).

Now that the Pacific Northwest has turned itself over to "winter storm watch" hysteria everyone is looking fugly. You know who you are. Mismatched hats, gloves that have a Napolean Dynomite quality, down jackets that smell like last year's wintertime bonfire/your basement. That's me, too. My down jacket's lining is tearing apart and I've got a wool hat that was pink back in 2004, when I bought it, but has now taken on a dirty, stained mauve tone.

So, in light of the "winter storm" outside I gathered together some cute wintry weather gear, all from small-time craftsters and artisans. Take a look:




Katherine McConnell makes cute and reasonably priced clothing here in Portland. Her Etsy shop has nicely tailored things for women. Clean, simple lines and neutral, earthy tones that most can pull off without a problem.



Sarah Seven has pretty little things for dainty-like ladies. I like this wooly-cashmere ruffle scarf. Her full collection can be seen here.












I am predicting that this year's owl is the octopus. You know what I mean, right? First it was the bird, then the owl, now the octopus. Seattle-based Chickabird makes cute men's zip-ups and hoodies like this one.










Check out these cuties! Candy-striped mittens are the new black. I swear! See what else Felt Sew Good's shop has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment