Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wham-A Whale of a Ham


When I was a young lass my Momsters and I watched lots of old movies. One of our favorites was "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House", starring Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.

Throughout the movie Mr. Blandings has to deal with the still-relevant ins and outs of building a home. Concurrently, he also has to work full time as an adverstising agent. His charge: to come up with a slogan for Wham, a product intentionally similar to Spam.

One of his not so brilliant ideas was, "Wham, a whale of a ham". This slogan didn't fly, but it still makes me snicker.


In honor of Mr. Blandings and his Wham I have curated a bevy of Whale goodies.




Felted whale pursie Made by Jaz


Chet and Dot handmade buttons



Earrings by Imogene and Annie




Corduroy plush by The Sleepy Fox


AndWabasabi's whale cross stitch pattern


Whale hat by Black Sheep Barn



Necklace Loyalty and Blood




Whale hair clip Pammy Dawn


1 comment: