Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pug vs. Weiner vs. Baby Opossum

An analysis of cuteness factors:

Pugs
Cuteness Factor: 9
Truth be told I've been yearning for a pug since way back in 2006. I know, it's been an agonizing 2, almost 3 years. Can't really remember the first time I laid eyes upon a pug, but once I did I knew I had to have one.

Through my constant chatter on pug-related topics my stepsons have become equally enthralled with the idea of becoming a pug-owners. The husband, not so much. Apparently pugs are loud breathers and sometimes their eyes bug out of their heads so much that they actually become dislodged from their eye-hole and need to be pushed back. Yuck!

Weiners

Cuteness Factor: 7
My Momsters owns a weiner dog named Rudy. It was her life long dream to own one and as soon as I was out of the house she adopted the requisite canine replacement child. Rudy is cute, but he is also a very bad dog. Recently he bit my husband's leg so bad that it swelled up and got pussy and gross. However, Rudy still has the cute factor and can get away with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rudy was asked to leave puppy-training school after one class. Hmmm...

Baby Opossums

Cuteness Factor: N/A
And now for the opossum. Why a opossum, you ask. Well, this past spring the husband and stepsons found a baby opossum. Somehow they managed to coax the poor thing into a box. Now what to do with it? Why make money off it, of course! The boys figured they could charge viewing fees at the local New Season's market. Which they did and turned a tidy profit of $5 or 6.
Baby opossum, who had by then been given the family name of Jethro, was soon released back into it's naturally disgusting habitat. I'm sure the $5 or 6 went to Legos or something, but still, I've never made $$$ off an animal before.

Obviously my first choice is the beloved Pug! How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the weiner dog. Ever since my teaching partner had one I fell in love with them. Davey doesn't think their short legs and big bodies are appealing! He wants a bigger dog. We'll see....for now I have my cuddly cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-That opossum is scary!! I don't think I'd pay a penny to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wieners all the way! I've been owned by two.
    Fat feet, long bodies and that doggone "Look".

    ReplyDelete