Thursday, December 18, 2008

Softies, Blankies and Things We Love to Love

I just bought my oldest stepson Dirty Wow Wow. It contains professionally photographed childhood stuffed animals and blankies and other things people loved and still love. Ezra still carries around his Titi blankie. Unconsciously he rubs the satiny blankie edges between his fingers. It's pretty freaking cute.

Admitedly I still have my childhood blankie PomPoms. The thing I love the most about my blankie is that he features fabric with skateboarding frogs on it! I like to think that the skateboarding frogs were a premonition of my marriage to my skateboarding husband. Not to be forgotten is my Tigger stuffed animal I got when I was 7. It was a gift from my Auntie Annie on our trip to Disneyland. I've always felt a little concerned that Tigs might feel a bit insecure as he arrived 7 years after PomPoms, but I believe they've gotten used to each other by now.

Many of my friends still have their childhood blankies and stuffed animals. Most don't readily admit it, but eventually it comes out. I'm loud and proud about mine. I sleep better when PomPoms is tucked under my chin and Tigs is nestled against my chest.
In the spirit of embracing the love of childhood objects of comfort I have found a melange of sweet things to gift to the next generation.



Here's Owl Mama from Needlings, a Canadian maker of hand-sewn plushies and other cute things. She makes me go, "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh...." and smile.












Wow! At first I thought this softie from Danielleorama's shop was a pug-like creature, but I came to find out it is called Garvy Beaverling. Huh, what's that? Still, super cuterific.



Look at little Bugbear from Portland's Perfect Children! I'm guessing it's a bug/bear combo. What a happy mixed breed!







Sweet, it's Darcy! Isn't she darling? I really think that she could out-cute everyone else here. I especially love her bow-leggedness. She comes from Morning Glori's shop in Cinncinnati, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment